- Sunday, Nov 29th: First Sunday in Advent
- Sunday, Nov 29th 5:00pm: Evensong Reflection: Nick Baker speaks on Judgement
Come and worship as members of our parish family offer brief reflections at this simple and quiet service on the traditional themes of Advent: Death, Judgement, Heaven, Hell. This is an ideal service to add to the weekly round of prayer for the season.
- Monday, Nov 30th 5:30pm: Feast of St Andrew the Apostle
Said Holy Communion. At the beginning of the Church Year we remember St Andrew, brother of St Peter, and the first called of the disciples.
- Tuesday, Dec 1st 7:00pm: The Advent of Dante’s Divine Comedy, Session 2
Advent I: Seer & Sibyl: The Restoration of the Golden Age. 7:00 pm in the Sunday School Room, St George’s Parish Hall, 2221 Maitland St
- Sunday, Dec 6th 5:00pm: Advent Procession (Advent Lessons & Carols)
Featuring Scripture lessons interspersed with choral anthems, congregational hymns, and the ancient plainsong “O Antiphons” of Advent. These prayers are based on Old Testament titles for the Messiah, which are fulfilled and given their true sense by Christ. Please join us for this service foretelling the coming of the Light into a world of darkness,...
For a fuller listing of upcoming services and events at St George’s, see our calendar.